The graph shows two intersecting lines.
(1) Where do the lines intersect (just read the graph)?
(2) Show that your answer to #1 is correct by substituting the coordinates into the equations of the two lines.
You can move line G by dragging points A and B.
(3) Using the positions of C and D, calculate the SLOPE of line F.
(4) By moving points A and/or B, make line G be parallel to F. G must have the same SLOPE as F.
(5) Find a different solution for a parallel line.
(6) Give a GENERAL answer to the following question:
. . . . . If point A is at (a,0) , where do you put point B so that G is parallel to F?
Dave Mulkey, Created with GeoGebra